Exeter is a city in Devon – a county in South West England. This is a great place to visit due to its incredible nature, breathtaking views and worth-visiting historical monuments. Once you are in Exeter and have enough time, plan to visit some extraordinary places outside the city.
Devon is the fourth largest ceremonial and the third largest administrative district in England. The ceremonial county has a population of 1,133,800 and the administrative county population is 746,400. The county capital is east-located Exeter. Devon County is divided into eight districts. The ceremonial county also has two unitary authorities (Playmouth and Torbay).
There are two national parks in the county – Dartmoor and Exmoor, as well as a part of the coast called the Jurassic Coast, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Devon has two separate coastlines: on the Bristol Channel and Celtic Sea in the north, and on the English Channel in the south. The county has the most mileage of roads than any other in England. Devon has big areas of as well as thatched cob cottages and rural sceneries.
Devon’s award-winning attractions
Many attractions placed in Devon have won awards at a regional or even national level! All of them are worth-visiting:
- RHS Garden Rosemoor – a botanical garden with plants, which will catch your attention each and every season of the year. There are many activities planned inside the attraction’s area, like: plant and antique fairs, winter illuminations, workshops, sculptures exhibitions.
- Pennywell Farm – it’s a farm with many different types of animals. Variant of the New Zealand miniature pigs are breeding here. The place offers several practical activities with animals and activities, like a red rocket ride, a tractor and trailer ride, a pig racing.
- National Marine Aquarium – the biggest aquarium in the United Kingdom. You will reveal the mystery of the ocean, its plants and animals.
- The BIG Sheep – it’s a famous in England entertainment park with several attractions for adults and kids. The most famous world-famous show is Sheep Race – a hysterical sporting event with sheep and jockeys.
- World of Country Life – it’s a family owned attraction, located in an extraordinary area right on the Jurassic Coast. All of the visitors (especially children) would have the opportunity to get to know feathered and furry friends, like: goats, donkeys, lamas, alpacas, ferrets and many more!
- River Dart Country Park – it’s a great place to spend time outdoors with a group of people. You can choose between kayaking, mug races, park with obstacles, rope park and many more.
- The Milky Way Adventure Park – this amusement park offers adventure rides, roller coasters, xhibition of Sci-Fi memorabilia, archery, mini-train and many more.
- Plymouth Gin – the oldest working distillery in England.
Make sure to book your accommodation on time to get the perfect place to stay in Devon! From hotels to campsites, guesthouses or cottages – you’ll find it all here:
- Hotels: there are many hotels in Devon , located in several areas, as city center, country properties or coastal hideaways
- Self-catering accommodation: these properties are suitable for people, who want to live in the same atmosphere, as in a family home.
- Guest-houses: you can find cozy apartments, like B&B.
- Holiday parks and campsites: a great option for anyone, who loves spending the time outside of the many buildings, in harmony with nature.
Doesn’t matter, if you come alone, with your second-half, family or friends. There are plenty of different activities to spend holidays in Devon and bring back home unforgettable memories!