Traveling, visiting a new city with kids can be challenging, but can also be a valuable time for both children and parents. No matter the weather, time of the day Exeter offers several opportunities to not to be bored and have wonderful memories!
Free and low cost opportunities
If you don’t want to spend too much money for attractions, you can choose one of this option:
- Exeter’s Quayside – one of the most popular places for the visitors. This is a mix of historic and modern design. You can buy souvenirs in antique shop, take a boat trip, walk, cycle, canoe or go to lively pubs, cafes and restaurants.
- Exeter’s Cathedral – its outstanding architecture with the world’s longest uninterrupted Gothic stone vaulted ceiling, stunning treasures, musical and spiritual heritage will feel you inspired.
- RAMM – the Royal Albert Memorial Museum – easily accessible by bus, rail or car, because of being situated between Rougemont and Northernhay gardens and the city’s busy commercial center. It reveals Exeter’s and Devon’s global connections and rich history from prehistoric to modern times.
- St Nicholas Priory – is Exeter’s oldest building. You can reveal over 900 years of Exeter’s history in the medieval priory turned Tudor home, while joining great concerts or special events
- The Bill Douglas Cinema Museum – it’s one of the largest collections of material relating to the moving image in Britain, with a collection of over 85,000 items, however visitors can see about 1000 items available to admire in the Gallery.
How to handle rainy days in Exeter?
Don’t worry about rain in Exter! There are some in-door activities the entire family will enjoy:
- Exeter’s Underground Passages – a special antique British monument. Medieval passages are dated from the XIV century. The aim of the passages was to provide clean water inside the city through lead pipes. Water was sourced from the natural springs in fields lying outside Exeter. Visitors can experience guided tours on the passageways, watch educational and sometimes interactive exhibits.
- Tenpin Exeter – that’s the great place to spend a time with friends or family. It offers 22 22 bowling lanes and arcade games. If you like disco climate, there is a possibility to turn the lights down, ramp up neon pins and UV and listen to disco music.
- iBounce – it’s the first trampoline park in Exeter. The park is adapted for families – both children and adults can have fun together. iBounce offers separate sessions, like: fitness, family bounce, dodgeball, sibling sessions and many more!
- Clip and Climb Exeter – the largest indoor climbing wall in Exeter. The attraction offers sessions with qualified instructors. Registered climbers can climb on thier own.
- Theaters in Exeter: Exeter Corn Exchange, Exeter Phoenix, Exeter Barnfield Theater, Exeter Northcott Theater
- Cinemas in Exeter: Odeon Exeter, Vue Cinema Exeter, Exeter Picturehouse, Exeter Phoenix
Don’t wait for more time. Book an Airbnb in Exeter or short let in Exeter for your family and enjoy the activities, which the city offers!